Image by International Zoological Expeditions
*Vacation Mode is a for-profit site. It contains paid banner advertisements that are generated and managed by a third-party network. This site also includes relevant affiliate links (both in the content and on the sidebar) all of which we do our best to clearly mark as such.
Off the coast of Belize is where you'll find South Water Caye. It is a gorgeous island with beaches of white sand, waterways that are crystal clear, and tropical jungles that are lush and green. Ambergris Caye Resort, one of the most well-known resorts in the world, is located on South Water Caye, which is also home to several other resorts.
From either San Pedro or Placencia, visitors can board a boat and make their way to South Water Caye. Both South Water Caye Port and North Water Caye Port are considered to be the most important ports on the island. Both provide services in the form of excursions and transportation.
On South Water Caye, visitors have their choice between hotels, condominiums, and private villas when it comes to finding a place to stay. Guests staying in any of the available rooms have access to a variety of amenities, including dining establishments, bars, swimming pools, spas, and tennis courts.
South Water Caye is a popular destination for vacationers who want to go diving or snorkeling. Within a ten-minute radius of the resort, there are more than forty different dive spots. Blue Hole Reef, Shark Point, and Green Canyon Wall are three of the most well-known dive sites in the area. Snorkelers get the opportunity to explore the reefs and swim among a variety of marine life, including sea turtles, stingrays, and other species.
Visitors who would rather relax during their stay on South Water Caye can choose from a wide variety of activities available on the island. The various water sports available to guests at this resort include kayaking, sailing, parasailing, windsurfing, and scuba diving, among others. Aside from shopping and equestrian riding, other activities include hiking, fishing, golfing, and horseback riding.
On South Water Caye, there is an abundance of restaurants serving a wide variety of cuisines, ranging from that of Mexico to that of Italy. The majority of the dining establishments are open for business for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Beach House Restaurant, Ceviche Bar, and Chez Nous Cafe are three of the most popular dining establishments here.
Things to do
When you visit South Water Caye, you may choose from a wide variety of exciting things to take part in. Just a few suggestions are as follows:
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling in the pristine seas that surround the island. Nearby, you'll find a number of great places to go scuba diving, such as the Blue Hole, Shark Point, and the Shipwreck.
- Go on a boat tour to see the mangroves and the various types of species that live there.
- While you're there, stop by the local market and do some souvenir shopping.
- Treat yourself to a soothing massage at the upscale spa.
- Take a hike along the beach or explore the ruins of acivilizationvilisation, such as the Maya.
- Take in the breathtaking view as the sun sets over the Caribbean Sea.
- Visit the Fort George Museum to learn more about the history of the area.
- Visit the Belize Cultural Center in order to have an understanding of the culture of Belize.
- Visit the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System to marvel at the region's stunning coral reefs.
- Dolphin Discoveryswimming place to go to swim with dolphins.
- Plan to spend the day at the Xunantunich Archaeological Zone investigating the caverns and cenotes there.
- You should eat lunch in the restaurant that is located within the Caves Branch Hotel.
- You are required to spend the night in the hotel.
- Take it easy by the pool.
- While you're there, pick up a book to read.
- You should purchase mementos from the gift shops.
- Consume meals in one of the restaurants.
- Go to the country club and play golf there.
- Make plans to see a performance at the amphitheater.
- Take a hike in the tropical rainforest.